Canon LBP3100 problem

david Liell bayvista at internode.on.net
Sat Jun 20 21:25:38 PDT 2009

I am trying to get this printer working on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid. I have installed the drivers v1.60 and everything looks OK. The GUI shows the printer and if I try and print, it shows "job completed". But no printout.

Two points:
1. I have installed it as a LBP3000 as the drivers don't have the 3100
2. I have aa second printer which is connected to my local network. This shows in the GUI and works fine.

I have also tried the V1.80 drivers with the same result. My gusee is that I have a mismatch somewhere between the drivers and the USB address.
Any suggestions welcome.