[cups.general] Unknown configuration directive

Jens Strohschnitter ubuntu-ml at rwz.de
Mon Jun 22 00:08:14 PDT 2009

> >> CUPS 1.1.23 does not support ErrorPolicy or OpPolicy.  Those were
> >> added in Cups 1.2
> >
> > is it possible to add an parameter to lpadmin that when I add a
> > printer with lpadmin
> > on a cups 1.3-installation to supress the parameters, that were not
> > recognized on
> > cups 1.1-installations ?
>

> If you mean "Can I use CUPS 1.3 to create a printers.conf file for
> 1.1", the answer is no.  You can use older version config files on
> newer versions of CUPS, but not the other way around.

Hi,

ok, I will try to upgrade my cups-versions. I thought, that a option
on lpadmin can supress adding those parameters to the printers.conf.
THX for the quick reply.

--
kind regards,

Jens Strohschnitter

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

Set the controls
		 for the heart of the sun

LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX