Option will not toggle OFF

Paul Landers j.paul.landers at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:09:52 PDT 2009

Hi, in CUPS 1.3.8 and 1.3.10 both on Debian Lenny I've noted that if I check "Allow printing from the internet" in the CUPS web interface it correctly inserts "Allow all" into <Location />.  However, when I un-check this box and restart cupsd (click Change Settings) it is not removed!  Only if I remove I manually from cupsd.conf is the check-box cleared.

Also, what is the correct way to offer suggestions for clarifications in the web interface?  For example, a non-power user might interpret "Allow printing from the Internet" to mean "when I check this box, everything necessary for my friend in Antarctica to print to my printer just happened, including opening the ports on my firewall and setting port forwarding on my router."  One possible alternative might be "Allow printing from beyond my local network"

Thank you!