[cups.general] Unknown configuration directive

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Tue Jun 23 16:05:01 PDT 2009

Hi there,

Hopefully, I have understood what you are trying to do. If not then
sorry about the extra long post.

If you are migrating between different versions of CUPS or if you are
trying to keep two or more servers queues in sync. Then I would
suggest you take at the PrinterSetup project :

http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup

Essentially, even if the feature for detecting the CUPS version and
then suppling appropriate parameters to lpadmin depending upon the
CUPS version is not yet part of PrinterSetup, adding such a feature
should be trivial. It is just a matter of adding a check in the code
to check the CUPS version on the system PrinterSetup is running on and
then pass the correct arguments to lpadmin when generating or updating
CUPS queues.

If you need any help with making such changes then just let me know. I
am a developer on the PrinterSetup project. If you need help then
visit the PrinterSetup mailing lists :

http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup/lists

If you manage to get it working on your own please forward a patch to
me so that it can be evaluated and then potentially included in a
future PrinterSetup release.

Hope this helps.