using cups to serve a home network

star bushieisa at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 16:26:01 PDT 2009

A parallel port printer, I did this just now to see:

1. dug up parallel cable in garage, plugged it into computer and printer.

2. http://localhost:631 (hop on to the CUPS web admin)

3. Click the 'Administration' tab

4. Press the 'Find New Printers' button

5. My printer was there, so I set it up and printed a test page

HTH!
p.s. if you been inside cupsd.conf with no clue maybe good idea to
click 'Administration' tab, press 'Edit Configuration File',
and then from the bottom of the next page press the "Use Default
Configuration File" if still having probs! : )