using cups to serve a home network

Paul Nebeling nebelinp at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 18:57:54 PDT 2009

Dan,

You didn't mention which version of Windows you're using, so I'll assume
it's at least XP.  The way to add the computer to the client computers
is to add a printer, select a network printer and connect to a printer
on a home network.  The address will be of the form http:\\(your server
name):631\printers\(your printer name)

Best of luck,

Paul

The printer name will be the one set up in CUPS, not the device uri.  I
use this arrangement in my home network (although I use Debian rather
than Unbuntu) and it works just fine.