binary strings from a ppd file

Jacques Pelletier jpelletier at ieee.org
Tue Jun 30 19:08:55 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have done an application which sends binary strings on several kinds of interfaces. (See http://sourceforge.net/projects/protocoltool/)

As a test bench, I'm using a Brother HL-1435 plugged to a parallel port. To be able to test my application, I need some binary string samples to send to the printer and the strings to be expected as replies.

Can I get those binary strings from my printer's ppd file (or any other way)?

Notes:
Tests of this printer already works with the compatibility mode, but I just used form feeds for now. I plan to test the nibble, byte, ECP and EPP modes, which I suppose, send back information from the printer to the computer.

Thanks,

JP