[cups.development] Sticky on UI

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jun 18 08:18:34 PDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 7:41 PM, keens312 wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Mac OSX 10.5,
>
> I expect that all the selections on the printer dialog can be
> memorized.

For printer options that is generally the case (it depends on the
driver's PDE supporting this), but we don't remember page ranges,
copies, etc.

> So it can be used again in next print.
>
> How can the driver support like this? Currently everything is go
> back to default as DRV file defined.

For the CUPS driver, you mark the defaults in the PPD and then the
options that are provided on the command-line, then check the marked
PPD options.

For the PDE, you need to respond to all of the required methods shown
in the sample code and update your UI based on the options that are set.