Filter PCL jobs

Martin Deluca martin.deluca at gruposame.com
Mon Jun 29 04:07:03 PDT 2009

> You need to add your own PCL filter and add a MIME type and filter
> definition (.convs) file for it.

Thanks for your help Michael!

I found the mime type application/vnd.cups-raw that has the rule: contains(0,4096,"LANGUAGE=PCL")

Looking the job trace from wireshark I review that the PJL job header already contains this string, then it should apply to the PCL jobs.

Then, I added in the mime.convs the next line:

application/vnd.cups-raw application/vnd.cups-postscript 66 myFilter.sh

Then I restarted the CUPS Server.
But the filter is not being called. I have no idea about how to check the mime type. The CUPS log is not telling it to me, jsut saying that the job is going to the backend correctly without pass through any filter.
Do you know how can I check it?

Thanks in advance,

Martin.