[cups.general] holding print jobs in CUPS

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Mar 1 06:48:27 PST 2009

On 2009 Mar 1, at 3:39, Eliraz wrote:
> So my question is how can I tell the CUPS to delay all my jobs for a
> few seconds before it execute them and transfer them to thr
> printer's buffer...?

   #! /bin/sh
   sleep 5
   exec /usr/lib/cups/backend/socket ${1+"$@"}

(assumes you're using the socket backend for the printer, and change
directory path as appropriate for your CUPS install)

Drop the above script into /usr/lib/cups/backend (or wherever, as
above) as "delaysocket" (or whichever backend) and reconfigure the
CUPS queue to use "delaysocket" as the backend.

You could also install Tea4CUPS and use that to insert a delay.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu