[cups.general] Need to update

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Wed Mar 4 05:26:27 PST 2009

We are a university and are currently using CUPS v.1.1.22 and probably need to update to a later version even though we are not having any real issues with this version.  Since we do not have a lot of manpower we need to update to a good stable version in the least amount of time possible.  As a result, we are wondering if anyone on the list serve has any suggestions as to what we might need to go to.  We also use TEA4CUPS for setting up email 'printers'.

Any suggestions appreciated in this endeavor.  We are on a server running on Redhat Linux Enterprise 4, and have 48 physical printers with 161 print queues, not counting the email 'printers'.  We have been using this version of CUPS since we came up on this server back on 02.11.06.

Thank you and have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax
Hardin-Simmons University           Datatel Colleague Support:
www.hsutx.edu                       GL, CF, HR, PE, PR, AP
PO BOX 16040                        OneCard Support:
Abilene, TX  79698                  SysAdmin, DBAdmin
The mission of Hardin-Simmons University is to be a community dedicated to providing excellence in education enlightened by Christian faith and values.
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed initially by only the individual named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, notify the above sender, send the message back and then delete it.