[cups.general] Suspend and resume for active print jobs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 4 08:30:07 PST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 2:19 AM, Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Is there any experience how suspend and resume should work
> for active print jobs?

On Mac OS X, yes - we actually watch for power/suspend events and act
accordingly. There is supposed to be some DBUS stuff for this, but as
of yet we've not received documentation or patches to use it.

Basically, we need to know the system is about to suspect so we can
stop any active jobs - if the interface allows it, we may even delay
suspend to allow an active job to finish...