block print jobs from specific file types

Gareth Clark gareth at topline.co.ls
Thu Mar 5 05:46:28 PST 2009

I am wondering if it is possible at all to block prints from certain file types.

For example HTML. I am working with a school and the students have a habit of printing whole pages from wikipedia.

I was looking through cups. I realise that it works with an MIME Database to convert file formats.

Is there a way to remove say HTML so that it rejects all HTML print jobs. Or is there another way of doing this?I am wondering if it is possible at all to block prints from certain file types.