Encrypted printing

Matthew Hollick mhollick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:49:02 PST 2009

Hi there,

overview: We are trying to print securely to a remote site. The remote site has a Kyocera printer conencted to an Axis print server.

I raised a support call with Axis when we experienced issues printing using secured ipp. Axis' reply is below:

>   Please note that you CANNOT REPLY to this e-mail.
>   S.V.P. NE PAS REPONDRE à ce courriel.
>
>   http://www.axis.com/reg/mycases/
>
>Dear Matthew Hollick,
>
>Axis print servers don't support encrypted printing.
>
>There is SSL/TLS support for HTTPS security to access the web interface of the >print server but not for printing.
>
>Best regards,
>Axis Customer Services

Anybody able to provide any other pointers? We have told management that this project is in the bag. :(

Matthew.