[cups.general] Serial->USB printer setup (Sipix Pocket Printer A6)

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 14:00:18 PST 2009

I'm trying to get the Sipix Pocket Printer A6 working in CUPS.  It is
a serial printer and I have it connected to my laptop via a
serial->USB adapter.  I have it working (very poorly) via this method:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/slackware-linux-help/126064-installation-sipix-pocket-printer-slax.html

There is a PPD on my system and I'd like to see if I'll have better
results using it:

/usr/share/ppd/SiPix/SiPix-Pocket_Printer_A6-sipixa6.upp.ppd.gz

The problem is CUPS doesn't find the printer (maybe because of its
strange connection method?) so I can't select a PPD for it in the CUPS
printer setup.  Can I set this printer up in CUPS?

- Grant