"PRINT" username on printer OCE CS 173

TRINH Minh Hieu mhtrinh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:39:37 PDT 2009

Hi,

In my lab, I have an OCE CS173 that have only Windows driver. I have a Fedora 8 x84_64, CUPS 1.3.4

I manage to install the printer on CUPS using ppd (with some modifications ... ) from windows driver.
Problem : when I send a page to print, CUPS pass to the printer without error, in the printer I got error "identification error". I see in the printer log : username : "PRINT"
Job that have username "Public" pass. Theses job come other Windows pc.

So the question is : when cups send job to the printer, it seems to use an username "PRINT" but I did not found where to change it in the cups configuration.
Is it possible anyway to do it ??

Thanks,