[cups.general] sharing configuration

cedric briner work at infomaniak.ch
Fri Mar 13 03:47:08 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a cups system to serve at the best roaming laptop
and workstation.

I'm having some problems here and there.

1) Some times, my cups server start to advertise with a 0 port instead
of 631.

2) How do you manage (by policies in cups or other), that a failing job
does not block all the queues.

3) Is there a good pointer telling how to configure iptables in function
of which feature we enable on cups

ced

P.-S.
- the main server in on debian/lenny which is of version 1.3.8
- the main server has to interfaces :
    - the private one 10.194.x.x
    - the public one 129.194.x.x

the cupsd.conf is:
LogLevel debug
Listen 10.194.65.10:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

Browsing On
BrowseInterval 30
BrowseAddress 129.194.67.255
BrowseProtocols cups
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow from none
BrowseDeny from all

# Restrict access to the server...
<Location />
   Order allow,deny
   Allow localhost
   Allow 10.194.64.0/22
   Allow 129.194.64.0/22
   Allow 10.194.168.0/23
   Allow 129.194.168.0/23
</Location>

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow localhost
   Allow 10.194.64.0/22
</Location>

# Restrict access to configuration files...
<Location /admin/conf>
   AuthType Default
   Require user @SYSTEM
   Order allow,deny
   Allow localhost
   Allow 10.194.64.0/22
</Location>

# Set the default printer/job policies...
<Policy default>
   # Job-related operations must be done by the owner
   # or an administrator...
   <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job
Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
     Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
   </Limit>

   # All administration operations require an administrator
   # to authenticate...
   <Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer
CUPS-Add-Modify-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default>
     AuthType Default
     Require user @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
   </Limit>

   # All printer operations require a printer operator
   # to authenticate...
   <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer
Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-P
rinter Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job
Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
     AuthType Default
     Require user @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
   </Limit>

   # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or
   # authenticate a job...
   <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
     Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
   </Limit>

   <Limit All>