[cups.general] Error when trying to re-print

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Sat Mar 14 12:18:51 PDT 2009

Well, we got this to work; however, my regular users cannot use it as they do not have access to it.  Apparently I have to give them system level access to access the print jobs and I can't do that.  To get to even access the print jobs I included the following in the cupsd.conf file:

-----start snip
<Location /jobs>
    <Limit GET>
    AuthType Basic
    Require valid-user
    </Limit>
    </Location>
-----end snip

The problem being, you MUST be in the system admin group to access these print jobs so I apparently need to modify this to a certain degree, I just don't know what I need to do.

My question is, does anyone know of a way that I can allow the users to 'reprint' their OWN jobs?  I guess I am just not understanding what I exactly need to do to help the users out.

Thanks for any clarification and help.  Have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax
Hardin-Simmons University           Datatel Colleague Support:
www.hsutx.edu                       GL, CF, HR, PE, PR, AP
PO BOX 16040                        OneCard Support:
Abilene, TX  79698                  SysAdmin, DBAdmin
-------------------------           -------------------------
The mission of Hardin-Simmons University is to be a community dedicated to providing excellence in education enlightened by Christian faith and values.
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed initially by only the individual named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, notify the above sender, send the message back and then delete it.
Thank you for your assistance. Hardin-Simmons University; 2200 Hickory/HSU Box 16040; Abilene, TX  79698; 325.670.1000

I will try this again as I never got a response before on the question that follows.  Can anyone help us with this problem please?  Thank you.

We are using CUPS v.1.1.22rc1 on Redhat Linux, upon going into the web interface to reprint a job I get the error "client_error_forbidden".  I am not able to find anything on this except for a reference to samba which we do not use.  I actually originated the jobs but cannot reprint unless I logon as root and change to the /var/spool/cups directory and then use an lp -d command to reprint the actual job (d33129-001).

Can anyone assist me in getting this to work through the web interface?  Is this not possible in this release?  I am unable to upgrade due to Redhat rpm's at this time.

Thank you for any help with this.