[cups.general] Error when trying to re-print

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Mon Mar 16 07:19:06 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:12:19AM -0500, Minatra, Pat H. wrote:

> I am re-sending this as I never saw a response to my previous inquiry.
>
> Can anyone please help?  I am afraid this is not something that can be done WITHOUT giving the users system group access.
>
> Please advise and thank you for your help and assistance with this.

If I were you I'd use something like Tea4CUPS to save a copy of each job
into each user's home directory at print time (probably 5 minutes of
work with this software).

Then your users can reprint these jobs at will using lp/lpr.

You can even convert each job to a different format for archiving
purposes (like PDF) at the same time.

Then if you need to you can build a simple web based UI allowing users
to resubmit their own jobs directly from their web browser, it's more
work though.

hth

Jerome Alet