Configuation brige from SAP R3 I series to Fedora core 10 Host spool Printer server setup

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Wed Mar 18 03:53:04 PDT 2009

> Hi Franz
> Currently we are using SAP hostspool sever in windows 2003 server( in windows sever  SAPLPD service running), we what to use the sap hostspool  server in Linux ( Linux LPD with cups), for that I am already installed fedora Linux 10 along with SAP for JAVA, I can able access the printers from Linux to windows, but sap it’s not possible .
> Kindly guide me how we can do the configuration in Linux. We are using in SAP printing method U
>
> Regards
> Sriram
As I understand.
1. SAP is running on windows 2003 server.
2. you want to use a Linux server as printserver.
3. your spoolprocessor is running on top of your windows 2003 server (a spoolproccess inside of SAP)

so you have to do the following steps.
1. on your cups printserver
   - create your printqueues (example -> cupstest) and they are tested and
     running well
2. activate the mini-lpd via xinetd. that means take care xinetd is running and
   the mini-lpd is active (disable     = no at  /etc/xinetd.d/cups-lpd )
3. now create a printer in SPAD
   lets say printername     is cupstest
            shortname       is ctst
            devicetyp       is post2
            hostaccesmethod is U
            host-printer    is cupstest <- queuename on the cups-server
            destinationhost is <name or IP of your cups-server)
4. now do some testprint outs -> what is happening?

regards
Franz