duplex not working from command line with hp4250

Linda Hanigan hanfamily at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 20 07:00:48 PDT 2009

> Linda Hanigan <hanfamily at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > If I have the default option set to duplex off It will not print duplex
> > from the command line with the -o sides=two-sided-long-edge. However
> > if I am printing an open office document and want to print duplex I
> > can choose the option and it prints.
>
> > Here is what it shows for lpoptions
>
> > $ lpoptions -d hp4250 -l
> > Duplex/Double-Sided Printing: DuplexNoTumble DuplexTumble *None
>
> I don't see an example of what you've tried, so it's difficult to know
> what to suggest. However, what about this?
>
>     lpr -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble files...
>
> Chris

Chris,
 I asked about the -o Duplex= earlier because it is not in the manual. Michael Sweet posted that it just maps to the -o sides= and if the the -o sides= option is not working the -o Duplex= option also will not work. I know the syntax of the command is correct because it works perfectly with my HP1320.
 I am wondering if I should try a driver designed for a different HP printer.
                   Linda