Configuation brige from SAP R3 I series to Fedora core 10 Host spool Printer server setup

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Sat Mar 21 02:03:10 PDT 2009

> > so you have to do the following steps.
> > 1. on your cups printserver
> >    - create your printqueues (example -> cupstest) and they are tested and
> >      running well
> > 2. activate the mini-lpd via xinetd. that means take care xinetd is running and
> >    the mini-lpd is active (disable     = no at  /etc/xinetd.d/cups-lpd )
> > 3. now create a printer in SPAD
> >    lets say printername     is cupstest
> >             shortname       is ctst
> >             devicetyp       is post2
> >             hostaccesmethod is U
> >             host-printer    is cupstest <- queuename on the cups-server
> >             destinationhost is <name or IP of your cups-server)
> > 4. now do some testprint outs -> what is happening?

Hello Siriam,

sorry I mixed something!
I is not mini-lpd. The right name is cups-lpd!

Please have a look at
http://www.cups.org/doc-1.4/man-cups-lpd.html

to configure the xinetd please have a look at the manual of your distribution and google is your friend.

when cups-lpd is configured and xinetd is running, you are able to check it with
netstat -pant on the linux box. Lines like this should appear:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:515             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      5939/cups-lpd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      5939/cupsd

from the commandline (cmd) from the SAP-Host it is now possible to test the connection via telnet <saphost> 515.

when the telnet is not refused everything is ok!

regards
Franz