job-originating-user-name not working suddenly?

Brett Ussher breusshe at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 20:40:14 PDT 2009

Thanks again, Michael.  Think that worked.  Wireshark is showing a job submission packet that has the right username now.  As for job-originating-user-name and -default, I misunderstood what you were saying in your previous post.  Sorry about that.  I'm starting to think that job-originating-user-name is meant to be used only with banner pages, is that correct?

Also, I tried the lpd:\\username at ipaddress\queue before.  I added the queue through the web admin page and when I went to see the installed printers, the URI didn't list the username that the queue was printing to.  I didn't think to check the printers.conf at the time.  I just assumed it didn't work with LPD.  Was the username intended to not display within the CUPS admin webpages?

Thanks again,

Brett