Start print immediately

Andreas Allacher ghost_zero5 at gmx.at
Sun Mar 22 01:55:22 PDT 2009

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to start print immediately in cups? instead of spooling when the printer is not in paused mode? so it will take less time when printing a large size files?

Hi,

I know this thread is rather old but I would like to know if there has anything changed since then.
I mean: Especially for serial letter it would be quite nice to have the ability to start printing immediately - at least if I use the RAW-Format for printing.
I am asking because I am currently trying to get this to work that way on my NAS but it seems I am not able to. It always waits for the job to be finished (tried over Samba and IPP). However, in Windows it is set to print immediately.