Disable/Change paper size control

Florin Rosu flxn_tfo at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 08:34:52 PDT 2009

> Florin Rosu wrote:
> > Hello!!!
> > I am developing a printer driver extension (PDE) for MAC OS/X Leopard and I need to change the label of the paper size control in the print dialog for my queue. For example, to change the label to "Favorites" instead of "Paper Size".
> > Or at least to disable the control (the label and pop-up button).
> > I want to replace this control behavior with my custom control in my plug in.
> > 10X in advance for the help.
>
> You cannot change the name of the control or hide it - it is a
> standard part of the print dialog that is enabled by some kinds of
> applications (e.g. Safari) that do not use the Page Setup dialog.
>
> Why do you want to hide the standard controls?
>
> --

On my system, Safari is using this control, at the print dialog.
But, to understand better, this papersize control is enable by the applications (text editor, Word, Safari), when it opens the print dialog? And I don't have any possibility to hide it? (if the application has the possibility, from my PDE I don't have it?)

I've wanted to customize my print dialog, and have a full control of it :D, to play with my plug-ins.