[cups.general] Disable/Change paper size control

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Mar 23 10:58:51 PDT 2009

On Mar 23, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Florin Rosu wrote:
> On my system, Safari is using this control, at the print dialog.
> But, to understand better, this papersize control is enable by the
> applications (text editor, Word, Safari), when it opens the print
> dialog?

Correct, the applications ask for the paper controls to appear in the
print dialog, just as they can ask for copies, scaling, and so forth.
You'll find this documented in the Cocoa Printing Guide on developer.apple.com
..

> And I don't have any possibility to hide it? (if the application has
> the possibility, from my PDE I don't have it?)

Correct, your PDE cannot hide the paper size controls.

Michael R Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer