I found you again

chris lynch christopher.lynch at mpls.k12.mn.us
Mon Mar 23 22:18:10 PDT 2009

In September 2007, I upgraded slightly to Mac 10.2.8 and I found I couldn't print with my old Deskwriter 560c, seemingly because someone decided to make it obsolete.  When I hacked my way through installation of Gimp and Ghostscript and CUPS and whatever else I lacked, I had my printer working.  Everything was great until I mistakenly deleted the 3 printers I had created as I tended to want to delete jobs that took too long (mostly because I forgot to go grayscale).  Anywho, with no printer and only slight recollection of what I had done to get the printer working in the first place, I sat here without print capability for the last week.  I had some of the stuff and slowly it all came back.  The last piece was the "Serial Printing for Mac OS X" I finally found, and within 10 minutes, I had my old Deskwriter back in business.  Thanks to whomever invents stuff like this that ultimately improves our ability to not be ripped off by the planned obsolescence folks.  There is nothing wrong with my printer and until there is, I don't need a new one.  Thanks again!

Chris L.