[cups.general] pdf files not printing 1.3.7

Jeff Garner jeff.garner at sanmina-sci.com
Tue Mar 24 14:33:18 PDT 2009

opensuse 11.0 --dedicated print server
Cups 1.3.7
Yast package installation

Greetings.

The problem that I am having is using Cups 1.3.7 from the openSUSE11.0
repo, I get it setup, and functional, or atleast it looks as it is.
Currently I have 40 workstations all running suse11, using ipp to
connect back to the central cups server.  All printers are HP laserjet
4000 or 4050's and I am using the recommended postscript driver as
offered by the interface on printer installation.

I can print, txt, MS Office Docs, OOo docs from their respective
interfaces, however.  Using ANY pdf reader it does not print the pdf
document.  The job goes into 'processing' on the local workstation, but
the server itself never sees a job, nor any request from the workstation
is in the logs.

Do not know where to begin, We have 6 IP ranges at this site and none of
them are capable of printing pdf documents.  Does anyone have an idea on
where to start looking?

J.