[cups.general] Unable to force server name

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 25 09:24:46 PDT 2009

We still use the ServerName value when advertising via hardcoded
BrowseAddress values (i.e. not @LOCAL but 255.255.255.255) and for SLP
and LDAP sharing.  There are also some other uses that you'll be
seeing in future releases, but suffice it to say that we're trying to
stick with auto-discovered values as much as possible since they work
better for both "casual" and "complicated" network configurations.