[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3148: Printing options are given in thewrong order on the filter command line

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Mar 31 10:32:21 PDT 2009

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Thank you for the info. Will fix it in Foomatic 4.0.1.
>
> Is the priority order for options which do the same thing (PPD
> printer-specific options vs. CUPS generic options) described in the
> developer documentation for filters and backends?

I don't think it is specifically called out, just that you use
cupsMarkOptions to mark the size in the PPD and then use ppdPageSize
to get the selected size.

It might be appropriate for the CUPS Design Description document,
and I can add some notes to the cupsMarkOptions docos concerning
the priorities as well.