[cups.general] Xerox Phaser 6130n Detected & Installed Perfectly in 8.10 Intrepid, and will detect but not install in 9.04 Jaunty via System/Admin/Printing/CUPS gui.

russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Sun May 3 07:46:08 PDT 2009

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>  jackson <https://answers.launchpad.net/%7Ejack-whitley> said 18 hours
>  ago:
>
> As additional information, I copied the Xerox ppd file for the 6130n to
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/ and tried to install the printer again.
>
> Again
>
> - the printer was detected and named perfectly as "Xerox Phaser 6130n with
> USB Connection"
> - the "Search For Drivers" ran with no apparent issue
> - the "name the printer" dialog appeared correct
> - but when I clicked "Apply", I got the same "CUPS server error -- There
> was an error during the CUPS operation: 'server-error-internal-error'."
>
> I'm stumped, in my prior Intrepid 8.10, the same hardware was was
> detected, installed, and worked perfectly, all I've changed is to a clean
> install of Jaunty 9.04.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can provide any information,
> if you can spell out the commands completely, I'll be happy to try.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> jackson
Not sure this will help. I run a 6120N with no problem on openSUSE11.1,
cups-1.3.9-7.2.1 have you tried the PPD for your 6130 located at: You may
need to select the  driver option at the top of the page for your Language
if not English. I found the Xerox version of the driver works reliably on my
system from 9.1 on.

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=6130&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA

Good luck
--
Russ
openSUSE 11.1 (2.6.27.21-0.1-default [x86_64) KDE 4.2 release 106, Intel