[cups.general] Xerox Phaser 6130n Detected & Installed Perfectly in 8.10 Intrepid, and will detect but not install in 9.04 Jaunty via System/Admin/Printing/CUPS gui.

Jack Whitley jack.whitley at gmail.com
Sun May 3 20:11:34 PDT 2009

Hello Russ,

Thanks very much for the reply, and the suggestion.  I mentioned in my first
e-mail that I did copy the Xerox ppd file for my 6130n into
/usr/lib/cups/filter/ - I had to do it that way since the printer will not
even install, so I can't add the driver via the installation program.  I'm
not sure if the CUPS gui program will see it and grab it first vs. the
foomatic driver.

What is most puzzling is everything worked in Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid, and I
used the Xerox ppd there as well.  All I did was install the newer Ubuntu
9.04.  I debated subscribing to the CUPS bug listserv, but wasn't sure yet
if this was a reportable bug.

Thanks again,

jackson