[cups.general] Moving printer configuration from one system to another

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:45:27 PDT 2009

I had an HP OfficeJet 4255 on a D-Link router acting as a print server
configured in Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 3.5.10. I had used KDE's built in
tools to scan the network for the printer and to configure it, and the
printer worked fine.

Now I have installed Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.2.2 which lacks the
printer configuration tools. I have tried to use the CUPS web control
panel but have been unable to successfully configure the printer. Can
I possibly copy files from the previous system in which the printer
was working to the new system in lieu of reconfiguring? Which files
would those be?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dotan Cohen