[cups.general] Mail to User if a Printjob is abortet

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Wed May 6 04:27:24 PDT 2009

Johannes Meixner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On May 6 12:26 Johannes Meixner wrote (shortened):
>> /etc/cups/subscriptions.conf
>> Events all
>> Owner jsmeix
>> Recipient mailto:jsmeix at suse.de
>> LeaseDuration 0
>> Interval 30
>> ExpirationTime 0
>> NextEventId 35
>> </Subscription>
>> but the cupsd changes the NextEventId therein as it needs.
>
> The cupsd (at least in CUPS 1.3.9) overwrites at least some
> manual changes in subscriptions.conf (e.g. for "Events")
> when I do them while the cupsd runs which is o.k. but
> this requires a command line tool to manage subscriptions
> while the cupsd runs.
>

> Kind Regards
> Johannes Meixner

For manual editing the subscriptions.conf file, I'd recommend
to shut down cupsd, do the edit, and restart cups then.

BTW, the easiest way do set up mailto notifications is to
define them as RSS notifications using the web interface,
the shutting down cupsd, and manually editing the
subscriptsions.conf to change the rss to the mailot
notifier (the web interface up to 1.3.9 does not ofer a choice
here). (Of course you could try to hack the admin template(s)
of the web interface).

Helge