[cups.general] Mail to User if a Printjob is abortet

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu May 7 01:54:25 PDT 2009

Hello,

On May 6 13:47 Daniel Spannbauer wrote (shortened):
> Johannes Meixner schrieb:
>>
>> As an example this works for me:
>>
>> /etc/cups/mailto.conf
>> Events all
>> Owner jsmeix
>> Recipient mailto:jsmeix at suse.de
>> LeaseDuration 0
>> Interval 30
>> ExpirationTime 0
>> NextEventId 35
>> </Subscription>
> Events all
> Owner $USER
> Recipient mailto:$USER at suse.de
> LeaseDuration 0
> Interval 30
> ExpirationTime 0
> NextEventId 35
> </Subscription>
>
> where USER ist the USer which printed the Dokument.

Even if $USER would work this would result that every of your
hundreds of users gets any notification regarding any job.

But I assume you like that only the user who submitted a job
gets the notification regarding his job e.g. something like
(using "@OWNER" like in cupsd-conf)
Events job-created job-completed job-stopped
Owner @OWNER
JobId @OWNER
Recipient mailto:@OWNER at suse.de
LeaseDuration 0
Interval 30
ExpirationTime 0
NextEventId 35
</Subscription>
where "JobId @OWNER" has the above described special meaning.

I do not know how to set this up.
I assume currently you cannot set this up.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex