Cups will print five copies when I want to print only one copy.

sanigo sanigo at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:25:08 PDT 2009

Hi!

I use cups to connect a printer shared by the printer server of our windows 2003 domain.
The CUPS version is 1.3.8, running on Mac OS x 10.5.6 Leopard.
The printer is HP LaserJet 4250 PCL6.
The printer connection(samba) setting was successful using the HP LaserJet 4250 driver which comes with the Mac 10.5.6 Leopard.

Everything seems ok except the unexpected five copies problem.
The printer insists to printer five copies of my documents even if I really want to print only one copy.
I have wasted many print papers:(

The problem does not exist when I connect the printer directly through the USB port.

Is there any suggestions?