[cups.general] Print Speed

Steve Smith steve at gdesigns.co.uk
Mon May 18 09:12:19 PDT 2009

Hi

We have implemented CUPS 1.3.7 for our network printing environment.  Our
application software generates large RTL files for wide format Designjet
printers but we have a problem. When we print through RAW CUPS queues the
print speed on the Designjets is slow, The printhead does a pass but then
seems to be waiting for more data before the next pass.  If we print
directly to the Designjet via TCP/IP the print speed is fine.  Is there
anything we can do to increase the speed as it not a memory issue in the
printer.

We are not using CUPS drivers for Designjets.

Steve Smith - GEO Designs Limited

(voice) +44 (0)2392 466750

(fax) +44 (0)2392 637390

(mob) +44 (0)7973 392069

steve at gdesigns.co.uk

www.gdesigns.co.uk

Please contact us if you CGM files, we have the solutions