[cups.general] landscape printing from MacOS

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri May 22 14:49:30 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 2:42 PM, cheryl southard wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Our print server is running RedHat 4 computer with cups V1.3.9.
> Some of the print clients are Macs running Leopard.  What is the
> proper way to fix the landscape printing problem from the Macs?
> This is the old problem where the Macs attempt to print to a cups
> printer in landscape mode, but it comes out in portrait mode.

The issue is that the Macs are providing PDFs that are already
landscape, and the open source PDF filter is (too helpfully) using the
landscape page size instead of letting pstops handle the rotation.

I just committed a fix for this in the 1.3.x repository; if you are up
to compiling CUPS, grab the current sources from the Subversion
repository, build, and install.  Otherwise wait for updated RPMs once
1.3.11 is released.

Michael R Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer