[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #3206: cups 1.4 beta3 segfaults

Timo Gurr timo.gurr at gmail.com
Tue May 26 05:43:05 PDT 2009

[STR New]

This is a follow up of STR #3101, sorry that I didn't have time to
investigate it further back then. Today I've tried beta3, now running
glibc 2.10.1 (20090124) and still had the same issue. However after some
more exploring by running:

# strace -ff cupsd

(see cups-1.4-with-papersize attachment) I noticed the a4 just before the
segfault, changing it to letter in /etc/papersize also didn't solve the
problem. Deleting the file and creating a new one by running:

# rm /etc/papersize && paperconfig -p a4

also didn't help. Finally I just deleted the /etc/papersize and ran cups
again and voila it works! See second attachment
(cups-1.4-without-papersize). CUPS also segfaults with just an empty
/etc/papersize.

So it probably isn't related to glibc at all.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3206
Version: 1.4b3