[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3207: page.log lists pages that are not printed (socket, PostScript)

Ulrich Windl ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Wed May 27 23:30:30 PDT 2009

On 26 May 2009 at 8:58, Michael Sweet wrote:

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> Nothing we can do about it - the printer driver would need to monitor the
> printer and only output PAGE: messages for confirmed pages. The generic
> PostScript path is not able to do this...

Mike,

It's some time ago since I worked interactively with PostSCript, but wasn't it ^T
(Control+T) to let the printer report it's status? ALso one could redefine the
showpage or copypage operators to "print back" information to the driver to sync
page numbers.

As CUPS is hosted by Apple now, and PostScript has a long tradition with Apple, I
though, someone might be interested in that, but...

I can live without ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich