[cups.general] Migrate printers from Ubuntu to Debian?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 3 18:25:25 PST 2009

Can I migrate the printers installed in Jaunty to a new, fresh install
of Debian testing (Squeeze)?

Specifically, I have eight printers installed in Jaunty for a total of
four laser printers that I own. I have so many laser printers because I
do short run textbook publishing. Getting all these drivers installed
and tweaked was no small task.

When I installed Debian testing I bought a brand new hard disk for my
laptop. Then I installed the old Jaunty hard drive in a USB enclosure.
I boot to Debian, but everything on my Jaunty hard disk is a click and
drag away.

It would be awesome if I could find a folder with my printers in it on
my Jaunty hard disk and drag it to the Debian hard disk. Is this
possible? If so, how?