Unsupported 'application/vnd.cups-banner'

Gustavo Tonello gustavo.tonello at grupoferrarin.com.br
Wed Nov 4 10:42:39 PST 2009

Hi Folks,

I have a problem, when I send a print TestPage for my printer:
"unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-banner'!"
I have this environment:
- RHEL 5.0
- CUPS 1.4.1
- gutenprint 5.2.4
And printer is a HP laserjet 3050, shared on WinXP.
This error happens when I use driver HP LaserJet 3050 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.4
CUPS show me this errors (error_log):

[Job ???] Auto-typing file...
[Job ???] Request file type is application/vnd.cups-banner.
Print-Job client-error-document-format-not-supported: unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-banner
Returning IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported for Print-Job (ipp://localhost:631/printers/HP3050) from localhost

With others drivers, or the Job stay "stopped" or the job don't print correctly.
I found at Google and here any reports for this problem, but any resolved my problem.

Any ideas for help me in this problem?

PS.: I have, in other server with RHEL 5.0 too, a CUPS v.1.2.4 and the same printer work fine, when I used Raw driver. But in CUPS v.1.4.1, RAW driver print something like a banner, only this.

[]'s