[cups.general] pstops and DSC conformance (again)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Nov 6 08:36:27 PST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 5:55 AM, Tim Waugh wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 08:59 -0800, Michael Sweet wrote:
>> Actually, it isn't actually safe to save before you do the
>> setpagedevice commands, since the restore will undo the setpagedevice
>> commands... :(
>
> How about an input file that redefines setpagedevice in the prolog --
> can that possibly be allowed in a DSC-comformant document?

It is not.  Strictly speaking, setpagedevice (and any code that
redefines that operator) is discouraged in DSC-conforming documents.
Use of setpagedevice has to be limited to code surrounded by %%Begin/
EndFeature: comments.

Some day I'm going to have cupstestdsc updated so that it can detect
this sort of problem... :)