Can't process PDF to Canon MX-860

Craig Setera craigjunk at setera.org
Tue Nov 10 18:44:53 PST 2009

Hello,

I recently upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu Karmic.  Previously, I was able (after installing the Canon drivers) to print to my Ethernet connected MX-860 without trouble.  Since the upgrade, I'm finding that while I can print a test page from the Ubuntu Printing Configuration manager, if I try to print a PDF file it just sits in "Processing" status indefinitely.  I'm unsure what to try next or where to look.  I could really use some insights on what might be going on and how I might resolve this issue.

Details:

Ubuntu 9.10 - 64-bit
CUPS version 1.4.1-5ubuntu2.1
Canon MX-860 - Wired Ethernet connection

Help appreciated,
Craig