[cups.general] When printed with CUPS, I want to treat as another user printed.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Nov 12 08:12:11 PST 2009

Hello

On Nov 12 07:54 Dreamrail Arus wrote (shortened):
> There are tow accounts that user A and user B.
> When user A printed with CUPS, I want to treat as user B printed.
> How treat as user B printed?
> Distribution which I use is Vine Linux 4.2.

I don't know about Vine Linux 4.2 but see
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.3/man-lp.html
lp - print files
-U username
    Specifies the username to use when connecting to the server.

By the way:
Administrators wishing to prevent unauthorized usage of
arbitrary usernames should require authentication via
an appropriate Policy in cupsd.conf, see
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.3/policies.html
which has of course the drawback that then the users must
authenticate for each print job.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex