what's the difference between CUPS and hpijs?

wang wei iverson_005 at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Nov 15 23:36:19 PST 2009

> On Nov 11, 2009, at 5:59 PM, wang wei wrote:
> > Hi:
> >   recently,i encountered with the printer project.my target is to
> > write a driver for my board.my target platform is ARM9,and my OS is
> > UCOS-ii.I want to know what's the difference between CUPS and hpijs?
> > if i want to use CUPS on my platform,what shall i do?
>

> CUPS is a printing system. HPIJS is the old raster interface to
> Ghostscript and was what the HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP)
> project used until recently.
>
> Are you writing code that will run on your printer, or are you writing
> code for an embedded device that is talking to a printer?

> Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

i writing code for an embedded device that is talking to a printer. i don't konw how to start.can you give me some advices?should i write my code based on cups or hplip? would you post me some materials on how to write code for an embedded device that is talking to a printer? for example how should i communicate with the printer.