HP CP2025 "best" ppd

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sun Nov 29 16:48:04 PST 2009

I have a HP CP2025dn (duplex/network) and am having trouble finding the best driver. I've used the suggested file hp-color_laserjet_cp2025dn-hpijs-pcl3.ppd which appears to work okay except that the drivers don't do multiple copies properly ... they appear to send the file to the printer multiple times.

So, I have changed the line

 *cupsManualCopies:

from True to False.

I think this fixes things. But, I see no reason for the setting to be True in the first place. And I don't like to change things in the system area of my system since the first automatic upgrade will probably undo this.

I tried one of the ps drivers and got a lot of garbage printing on each sheet, so that's not a solution.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.