[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3405: long delay printing last page hp laserjet 1300 usb

david edmonds edmonds_david at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 2 08:32:36 PST 2009

[STR New]

I have a hp laserjet 1300 connected via usb to a lenovo x61 laptop.
My operating system is Arch linux.

Upon upgrading to cups 1.4.1, I blacklisted the hplip kernel module, and
removed and reinstalled the printer in CUPS administration.

All but the last page of documents print normally, but there is a 5 minute
delay before the last page emerges from the printer. During this time CUPS
reports the job has finished and the printer is available.

The problem occurs with both the foomatic driver and the postscript
driver.

I acquired a docking station for the laptop, connected the printer via the
parallel port, and re-installed the printer in CUPS administration.
Everything is fine; the problem does not occur.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3405
Version: 1.4.1