[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3410: printer jobs lost

Miguel Angel info at linos.es
Thu Nov 5 10:18:41 PST 2009

[STR New]

Hello,
    I am using cups 1.4.1 version in Arch Linux with a zebra LP2844
connected by usb, i have blacklisted the usblp module, and use the printer
with the url usb://Zebra/LP2844?serial=serial_fake that the "lpinfo -v"
command shows me.

i am using the raw drivers because i send  epl2 command file text to the
printer, it works but when i send many jobs too fast it only print one,
the last one usually, it forgets all other jobs, them get in the queue and
pass but not get printed.

I have tried 1.4.1 version too in a debian testing with the same result, i
have tried cups 1.3.11 with usblp without problems in the arch machine,
using cups 1.4.1 in the debian testing machine with usblp activated (via
debian patch for use usblp and libusb at the same time) and printing to
the usblp uri (/dev/usb/lp0) works well too. I have compiled your svn
version too but have the same problem.

Arch Linux kernel 2.6.31, libusb 0.1.12
Debian Testing kernel 2.6.30, libusb 0.1.12

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3410
Version: 1.4.1