[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3417: %%IncludeFeature directives not being marked/emitted

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at ltsp.org
Fri Nov 13 08:42:53 PST 2009

[STR New]

The pstops filter does not correctly apply %%IncludeFeature directives.
This affects OpenOffice.org on both Macintosh and Linux platforms.

OpenOffice.org emits paper tray (*InputSlot) directives via the
%%IncludeFeature mechanism.  I've attached the simplest possible
postscript file which triggers this bug.  Expected behaviour would be to
issue one page on Letterhead, and on on Plain (for an HP style printer).

I'm looking in the copy_page() function, and wondering why there seems to
be a split between the loop on lines 1529->1562, which DOESN'T pick up the
%%IncludeFeature (normally encased in a [{ .. } block). Then, the
write_options is done, then the loop starting at line 1612 finishes the
PageSetup section, and WOULD see the %%IncludeFeature directive (since the
loop bails once it sees %%EndPageSetup), but by this time, it's not looking
for %%IncludeFeatures, and doesn't write_options at the end.

I'm thinking these two loops should be combined, but I'd be interested in
knowing a little more about the logic before I start coding a patch.  I
did the patch for STR2831, which fixed this problem for 1.3.7.

Thanks!
Scott

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3417
Version: 1.4.1